Sunday, March 17, 2019

Chaos strikes back!!! --- Shadowspear arrived!

The gods of Chaos apparently got jealous of my latest devotion to the Machine, and promptly send some new troops from the Eye of Chaos into our realm -- and what monsters these are!!!

Unless you are living below a rock (or without the internet, which is probably a healthy (and money-saving) decision), you know this of course, so without further redo, I present you the mighty Shadowspear box which was kindly broad by our friendly postman to my doorstep this morning:


The box is the same size as the previous such boxes like, e.g., Forgebane, and full to the top with sprues:



And it contains this lovely cover sheet functioning as a separator between the sprues and the other materials:


I absolutely love this invention of GW as I put those up as art prints on my wall! Thank you GW!

Here the overview of the sprues:

1. The Loyalists troops consisting of one big and two small, identical sprues:

2. Chaos Space Marines aka Daemonkin with two big sprues, one with the Chaos Space Marines and the two Greater Possessed, and the other with the awesome Obliterators and the Venomcrawler

3. And of course the characters sprues aka the loyalist Captain and Librarian in Phobos Armour and the Master of Possession of the Black Legion

And then there are the book(let)s, one for the Shadowspear story/background, two mini-dexes for the Vanguard Space Marines, and the Daemonkin, the assembly instruction manual, core rules, and a cute little sample chapter from the Black Legion novel. In case you do not know these novels of Demski-Bowden are totally amazing and elemental lecture for every Chaos-devotee!


And, there is even a little transfers sheet:

So in summary, needless to say the box is absolutely worth the money, and I love the new models!!! Even the loyalists who are normally a bit boring to me (cough) got some really cool looking models in this box! I like the Phobos Armour and the stealthy feel. I am going to paint some of these as Raven Guard for sure (one of my little project ideas on my long-term hobby dream list! ;-)).

But the absolute beasts and my personal favorites of this box are the Greater Possessed and Obliterators! Naturally, I assembled these straight away:










EDIT:
Here the beautiful Venomcrawler:





And finally, a little gallary of the new faces for both armies to serve as inspiration (also for you conversion freaks out there ;-)):






















No comments:

Post a Comment